Why can't I have my own "Sex and the City" girls?

I've always loved "Sex and the City". What's not to love about it? Especially for a girl like me. Their fashionable wardrobe, their fabulous make-ups, their different characters which embodies women of today's generation. Beautiful, sexy, strong-willed, independent, and maybe funny. But what fascinates me more is their friendship. They always find time to go out and have fun. Even if they have different personalities, they still manage to enjoy each other's company, and be there for each other in times of need as well. Yes, TRUE FRIENDS. I sometimes envy them. But don't get me wrong, I still have lots of girlfriends. From high-school, college, former colleagues, boyfriend's friends and so on. But I don't have my own Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte (Wishfully thinking that I'm Carrie Bradshaw). Girlfriends whom I could share anything with, laugh, cry, shop, dress up, pamper, or watch boys with. If GOD could re-produce my bestfriend Grace into two more Graces, I'd be very happy. 
I had a chat with one of my best buds, Jacky. She said, I've been in a relationship since I was 18 and up until now that I'm 27. Which made me realize I do miss being single at times. I miss being independent and being on my own. I miss hanging out with my girls. I miss having to decide for my own without consulting another person other than my parents. Which made me think, this maybe the reason why I can't have my own "Sex and the City" girls.
Have you ever seen the movie Sliding Doors? Where Gwyneth Paltrow's life was shown in two different angles. One, if she caught the train, got home early and caught her lover with another woman. Two, if she missed the train, get mugged and find her lover alone in the shower. Anyways, my point is, this movie shows what could have been if your fate leads to the opposite direction. Wouldn't it be nice to get a glimpse of what would be the outcome of your decisions, so it'd be easier to decide? 
I was 18. If I waited for 3 or 5 more years before getting into a relationship, would I have found my Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte then?


0 comments:

No walls. No glass. No hype. no pretenses. Just Me.