A Prisoner's Plea

"If you care about what other people think, you will always be their prisoner." - James Frey


I am forever grateful for everything you've done for me
I can never thank you enough for all the sacrifices you've gone through just for me
But you have to understand and know how to let me go
I am old enough to take care of myself, but still you don't see that
You treat me like a prisoner. And I am suffocating.
F U C K.

I want you to be my bestfriend. But your critical eyes scare me.
I want to tell you everything about me. But I know I'll only dissappoint you.
I know I won't exceed your expectations of me.
Because you always expect me to be perfect.
And I am NOT. No one ever is. Goddamnit.
You want me to be the person you envision I would be 27 years ago.
But please accept that you cannot control MY fate.

Please understand I AM NOT YOUR PRISONER.
I have my OWN life too.
And if you want to CONTROL it, well Congratulations. You WIN.
I am the most SUCCESSFUL yet MISERABLE person in the whole world.
That's what you want right? Well Done. FUCK.


0 comments:

No walls. No glass. No hype. no pretenses. Just Me.