Our Voice vs. His



The Philippine National Elections has now come to an end. After all the mind-boggling campaigns and jingles, all the televised presidentiable debates, all the personal views stated over the net, it has finally arrived. And so... are we truly heard?


My text is in color "green" because I voted for G1BO, and I'm still with him all the way, even if he only ranked 4th. With him winning, would be so much more exciting and hopeful. But then again, most Filipinos voted for Noynoy, which reflects roughly 70% of the Filipino voice. And I'm one of the 30% who weren't swayed by his parents' shadow. Don't get me wrong, I am no Marcos follower. I'm just not convinced Noynoy is already capable of leading the country. Apparently, most of us, is no doubt hungry for change and progress. And most of us depend on the government to magically CHANGE our lives. Quite delusional, I know. But, we always blame the government because of the uncontrollable corruption. Thus, we vote for who WE THINK is lesser evil. I just hope HE truly hears us. 


Six years. He's (whoever wins) got six years to prove us that he deserve our voice. Now, it's time for us Filipinos to listen, cooperate and unify as one. The spotlight and microphone is now on Him. Good Luck Philippines!

(3 hours after this blog was published, Noynoy Aquino was proclaimed as the new President of the Philippines.)


0 comments:

No walls. No glass. No hype. no pretenses. Just Me.