'Pilates' says Control!



I do Pilates to stabilize my spine and hopefully prevent Osteoporosis when I get old. I have a mild thoracic dextro-scoliosis. But don't be deceived by the word "mild", it can, if not prevented, lead to a more serious disability. So as early as now, I want to prevent its worsening threat.

Last night was my second time and now I can barely lift my arms and legs. Not to scare you, but it's gonna be painful. I feel somehow relieved as well. Relieved that I was able to surpass the 1.5-hour session of intricate poses, targeting every muscle of my body. And relieved that with no use of any machine, I was able to sweat as hell. And I feel great. You need to learn to concentrate on your body and control each movement with your mind. And don't forget to always breathe. As you raise your arms and legs, as you pull your navel to your spine, as you slowly go down feeling your six pack, as you raise your pelvic area, and as you squeeze your buttocks, Always Breathe.

I sill have far more sessions to attend in order to obtain the body I aim for and to strengthen the core more. What happens next, I'm sure would be great, especially when I can already see the results. The Six pack results. 

0 comments:

No walls. No glass. No hype. no pretenses. Just Me.