10 Things You Should Know About Me

I find it quite amusing when people regard you as the stereotypical 21st-century girl (which in my view are usually "gossip girl" wannabe's). And once they get to unravel piece-by-piece the "real" you, either they don't believe you or they simply couldn't accept you. Happens to me most of the time everytime.
So I figured, maybe (just maybe), making a list defining "me" would definitely help people understand me more.
Now some of you might ask why the hell am I making a list. Let's just say, I am often misunderstood, and this is my way of explaining myself to you guys. ;)
Okay, so to my fans and loyal readers (fine, no one really reads this blog except for my close friends whom are just  forced to), what you're about to discover may/may not answer your questions but on this list are the usual shocking surprising revelations about me:
  1. I DON'T DRINK ALCOHOL.  - 2 weeks ago, I had a chat with a former classmate in high school. The typical "how-are-you" conversation ended up with an invitation. A "drinking session" invite. And I blurted out, "Sorry I don't drink". And as expected, he doesn't seem to believe me. I immediately knew what he was thinking even before he said it. He called me "manang" (old lady). Now, to my defense, I said "I know and I get that all the time. But mine is a choice." He just replied saying, "okay if you say so".  In case you're wondering why I don't drink. It's because I hate the taste. I don't get what you people are getting from drinking a rotten-iron taste of water. And 'cause I don't see what benefits drinking alcohol could give except headache, a probable cause of shame and/or non-sense fight, and addiction.
  2. I DON'T LIKE CHOCOLATES. - People have this unbelievable fervor with chocolates (just like beer), especially women. Next to diamonds, chocolates are their bestfriends. But not me. Even as a kid, chocolates never seem to excite me. Don't have a sweet tooth, I guess. So no chocolate cakes, no chocolate-flavored ice creams, no chocolate drinks. Nada. Am I starting to bore you now?
  3. I HAVE A FASCINATION FOR OLD/VINTAGE STUFF. - If I could only choose which lifetime I want to be born in, I'd choose the early 20th century era. I am so in love with this period that I always wish I was born that time. 
  4. I LOVE HORROR MOVIES/GHOST STORIES. - I'm a sucker for scary movies and stories. I love the idea of being scared and creating a creepy vibe. Pardon me, I haven't seen nor experienced being haunted (not that I wanted to). The idea just excites the sh** out of me, and I feel so alive. 
  5. I'M NO VEGETARIAN BUT I LOVE VEGGIES. - As a kid, I remember my mother always speaks proudly of me. Not because I'm smart or pretty or talented (okay fine, maybe talented, but not smart or pretty), but because, according to her, I am not picky with food. Whatever's on the table (which in our case is usually vegetables), I eat without complaints or any hesitation. 
  6. I HAVE AN OBSESSION FOR RUFFLES AND POLKA DOTS. - Well, I wouldn't really say it's an "obsession", that's such a strong word. But if you look inside my closet, and if you see me everyday, and you watch me shop for clothes, you'll understand why. I can't really explain why I love "ruffles" and "polka dots". Maybe I just like to be girly and preppy sometimes. 
  7. I HAVE A BANK OF TALENT. - And I can be conceited sometimes. If there's something I really am thankful for (other than my family and friends), it would be my talent(s).  My talent for arts and music is my bread and butter.  Those who knew me well would know my other hidden talents. ;)
  8. I AM NOT A SPORTY PERSON. - I can't swim. Can't ride a bike. Can't skate. Can't play ball. But yeah, I've tried running for a marathon. Did it once, won't probably do it again. But I loved attending sculpt pilates class. It brings out the masochist in me. *sarcasm LOL!
  9. I'M NOT REALLY INTO ANIME/MANGA STUFF, AND SO I HATE COSPLAYS. -I maybe the only Fine Arts graduate who's not into manga/anime stuff. Not also into any cartoon series/flicks when I was a kid (except Thundercats).
  10. I LIKE TO EXPERIMENT WITH MY HAIR.  - I'd like to try out different hairstyles when I'm bored. Cut my hair short, had it permed, had it dyed with red, brown, blonde. I've tried it all (I believe). Now, my hair is curly and I already have an idea what to do next... going for a "swing out sister" look! Nice, eh? :-D
In case, you have violent reactions or any other questions, or you have something to add up on this list; don't hesitate to leave a message. Thanks for reading! Ciao! ;)

0 comments:

No walls. No glass. No hype. no pretenses. Just Me.